Pages

Friday, October 23, 2009

Five Great Things

Here is a list of the top five things I have always thought I wanted to do but for one reason or another, never accomplished. Someone with psychology experience (Josh DeMoux?) might look at these things and be able to make a judgment of my mental state but I'm OK with that. These will not be in any particular order so don't take the arrangement too seriously. And who knows, maybe next week I will have a completely different list.





One secret (well not so secret if you have been around me much) desire is to own a Corvette. My guess is that I would probably get bored with it fairly quickly (insurance expense comes to mind) but since I have never had one, it still sticks in my craw that I CAN'T have one.


There will come a day when I will actually make it to Australia and see the Great Barrier Reef. I don't know if it's the name or just the novelty of the location, but I want to swim there and tempt the sharks. Wellll, maybe not the sharks, but at least the reef.



As a child of the 60's, there is the desperate need, born of watching John Glenn and Neil Armstrong, to take flight into outer space. One day there will be a company that offers rides to the moon…I hope I live long enough to blast-off with them. My only concern is the weightless part. I sure have trouble with rides at the amusement park and I worry that I will make whatever vehicle I am in a "vomit comet"; but I'm sure they will make provisions for that. ;-)



If I am to feel accomplished in this life, before I pass to the next life there will be a book with my name on the front cover. Whether fiction or fact-filled, this book will be part of the legacy left for those who may not have known much about me. Primarily, my posterity is the focus for this dream. Remembering me as a grumpy old man is not going to wash. That means there will need to be some humor in whatever is written. I can do that!!!

And lastly, another vision that SHOULD become reality!! Teresa and I will spend a week or two in the great state of Alaska. This is another one of those 'burrs in the saddle' that I really can't explain except to say that it is there and I want to see it. I don't imagine much difference from northern Canada so I am prepared for disappointment but I still want to try.


Unlike my other lists, this one is shorter and leaves me open to second guessing. If you have other things I SHOULD want to do before I pass from this arena of existence, please feel free to add them to my catalog. We are here all week and accept tips as long as they are cash.

1 comment:

Brian Whitmer said...

I think you should add the following to your list:

- Go skydiving. I don't know if you'd actually enjoy it, but I'd sure love to see the video of you falling through the air screaming your head off :-)
- Blow up something big enough to knock you on your hindquarters. I mean, really, no list of unfulfilled urges is complete without a really big boom.
- Learn to play the piano. I always had this secret suspicion that you'd be really good at it, and that you'd really enjoy it.
- Shave your head. Mostly because I'm really curious...