Pages

Friday, December 16, 2011

What is a Smile

So how come some of us can’t smile when required.


A happy day but the smile just isn't there.



I consider myself pretty happy but whenever our family gets together for pictures I take lots of grief because I am completely incapable of showing a smile on demand.



The usual forced smile look -- OK, not usual but still forced



My wife will poke me and my kids will chide me but no matter how hard I try, my smile in a picture looks pained, forced and totally unhappy. 


I really did enjoy Jamaica and especially with my sweetheart.


It’s gotten so bad that I don’t even try anymore.  So Teresa pinches me or makes fun of me, hoping there might be a small miracle – but nothing good ever happens.


I think my “smile on demand” gene is broken and I am doomed to failure. 


Sure hope the mortician doesn’t have trouble after I’m gone.  That could really be embarrassing.



Anyway, keep smiling (however you do that) and live happy, no matter what your face looks like. 


Pre-loss-of-smile days.
BTW, this is a picture of me when I was 19 so it is possible but I seem to have forgotten how.

No comments: