Pages

Thursday, August 1, 2013

HUGGING

This week has been a hard one for me.  I don’t feel well and I've been a little depressed about how life is going.  Seems like I can’t get a handle on being productive and useful in society.  I suppose you could say I have been a little blue.

This morning, as I was getting ready to go to work, Paula came by to get some stuff from Teresa.  With her were her two youngest, Katie and Christopher (Becca has school already).  Immediately upon seeing me, Katie rushed across the front yard and gave my leg a great big hug.  It was just what I needed!!!

Love that smile

I’m not from a hugging family – my dad cringes whenever I give him one (but I do it anyway, just to torment him).  And I was probably not the best at showing affection while my kids were young (though we were not afraid of each other).  But I have tried to encourage an atmosphere where hugging and actions of endearment are normal with our grandkids and the spouses of our children.  Mostly it works and especially with the little ones.  I appreciate the tenderness and love these actions show to those we care for most and wish it had been more a part of my own young life.

Anyway, Katie made my day (as have all the other grandkids at different times) and I wanted her to know.  I hope my family will always try to show their affection (like Matt, Hayden, and Logan do) when they are together. 


Hugs, hugs, hugs!!!  (Just don’t think about TV Guardian as you read this last part. ;-).

No comments: