Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

No Patch This Time

I went on a scout camp Friday and Saturday and had a great time with the boys throwing tomahawks and burning things up.

After I got home and everything from the camp put away and rested for a few minutes, it was off to the grass cutting business.  The rain we have been having has been hard on us but wonderful for the grass – it is long and strong!!

Everything was going great until I started doing the edging with my little electric trimmer.  Only a few feet into my work I felt a stinging sensation in my left eye and knew something was not right.

Rretrieving the small item that had lodged itself by the tear duct, and tossing it away (probably should have kept it for a souvenir) the decision was made to abandon any further work and return home for medical attention.

What I got was sympathy and a trip to Instacare, followed by a quick stop at Home Depot for a pair of safety glasses.  Then came a stern lecture from my sweetheart about the need for taking care of our eyes for the next 30 or so years.  Taking it to heart was not difficult considering the state of my eye (see below).



Warning to all who use yard tools!!
Don’t be fooled by success in bypassing damage to eyes.
Use protection or pay the price!!!
And that’s the way it is.

BTW, it is only a bruise and no permanent damage was done to the eye but it sure grossed out some of my kids at school.  And Bryce said he couldn't look at me with "that eye."  

1 comment:

Melissa DeMoux said...

It does look pretty nasty. That's it, I'm not visiting your blog as long as that picture is up! (just kidding)