Pages

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

PROPHETIC HELP

Just a quick note to express my appreciation to those who participated in the General Conference we had this past weekend.  There were some marvelous messages from men who have sought out what we need to hear.

Here are two in particular that I found very pertinent.

Elder Oaks

Elder Dallin H. Oaks was spot on with his message about contention.  This is especially true, considering the Supreme Court decision to not consider the appeals of 5 states pertaining to same-sex-marriage.  It will take all we have to stay out of the fray in this regard.

Elder Holland

Elder Holland’s message on caring for the poor and needy was provoking (at least to me).  There are many areas in this regard that need to be fixed in my heart.  That whole judging thing is so difficult but I recognize it as a weakness and vow to fix what is broken.



I recommend both of these messages to anyone – member of the Church or not – who would like to understand how the Savior would handle things today.

No comments: