Pages

Friday, December 4, 2015

A STAR IS BORN

A few weeks ago, I was out in the carport working on some of our “never ending” remodel.  This night was about finishing the crown molding in the kitchen (the final step for that room).

In the midst of all my sawing and nailing and mistaking (yes, it takes me a few misses to get it right) I was approached by a somewhat familiar young lady.  She seemed nice but I couldn’t figure out why I recognized her.  Then she identified herself as a reporter from KSL Television.  I must admit that I was a bit surprised someone from the media would approach me – especially since I am a very nondescript individual.

After introducing herself, the reporter asked if I was aware of the home across the street that had been remodeled by the city.  Of course, I knew about the project (being the nosey neighbor that I am) and expressed some appreciation for the semi-wise use of our tax dollars to improve the city.  She asked if I would mind answering a few questions and I happily agreed. 

But THEN she asked if would be alright if her cameraman recorded our conversation.  Well, you can see from the following report how that all went.

Just click on the window with the arrow to see the whole thing.



I did not wake up that morning with a desire to become a star on the news, but it seems fate had other ideas for me.  Now I am wondering if I should reconsider my career options – maybe get into acting or broadcasting.  It’s obvious to me that I’m a natural and the world is being deprived of my skill as an orator and personality.  I think my first order of business is to find an agent and see what he/she can do to move me along in my newly discovered abilities. 

All of the previous paragraph was pure ‘snark’ and should not be believed as reality.

It was fun to see myself on TV (though a little frightening – I look a lot older than I think I am).  I suspect this will be the last time for such an experience.  Much like this blog, there are only a few faithful who have seen my glory, but it is the only glory I have for them to see!!


Until next time – and maybe not even then.

No comments: