Pages

Friday, February 28, 2014

THE JOB

Another long Friday has come to an end. 

I’m tired, my feet hurt, my back is killing me from standing and teaching all day and I wish I could take a nap.  Monday’s lesson is ready but I haven’t even started on what to teach after that.  Guess I will have to read and ponder some more so the things I need to share can be percolating in my mind.

It’s a never-ending cycle.

I know what you’re thinking!!  “Sounds like a ‘tough’ gig you got going there buckaroo. Quit your whining and remember what it was like to really work!”  Maybe you are right but I still hurt.

Such is the life of a Seminary teacher.

From one lesson to the next – a constant process of learning, preparing, sharing, and then starting again.

And I love it!!!

What’s not to love?  The students are the best the school has to offer.  What I teach means more to me than any other subject I have studied in my life.  The more I prepare, the happier I become as I put into practice what I teach (that’s the cool thing about the doctrines of Christ).  And I get to see wonderful young people put off the challenges our world throws at them as they try to grow up to be good people (which they already are but don’t really know it yet).  I am extremely blessed to work where I do.



My only wish would be that everyone could love going to work as much as I do.


OK, I also wish they would put some fish in the canal out back so I could catch a few on my lunch hour. :-)

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Amen you are so blessed as are they to have such a great teacher. Yes i know I just gave you a compliment.I will repent later ha ha