Pages

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

TOLERANCE

TOLERANCE willingness to accept, feelings, habits, or beliefs that are different from your own.

It’s a medium sized word with huge implications.

Interpretations vary from person to person.

Or from experience to experience.

It’s always easier to expect tolerance for your own personal belief/habit/feeling than it is to be tolerant of someone else.

Tolerance is different than acceptance (in my mind).  I can tolerate some of the things that go on in the world around me but I refuse to accept them as appropriate or right.

There ARE things that cannot and should not be tolerated.

God and Christ have a pretty good list of what is tolerable in Their view.

I think they have had lots of experience in these things and are pretty smart. I will try to stick to what They accept as worthy of tolerance.

So please don’t be mad at me if I love you but can’t tolerate some of the behavior you claim is your right to practice with impunity.  Unfortunately, your actions DO have bearing on what happens in the world where we all live and I cannot allow myself or any 
that I love to sit idly by.

I WILL do all I can to protect the 

I WILL attempt to spread the
amongst all those I know 
(and if you can’t accept that, it’s OK.  I will still love you).

I WILL stand for the rights and 
freedoms enumerated in the 

I WILL love all men, but I cannot tolerate (accept) anything that will affect the eternal salvation of those I love or those who are trying to follow Christ.

I WILL call out sin for what it is.

I am a recovering and often relapsing sinner so I think I have some experience in recognizing what it is.

I want to follow the Savior with enough fervor to be worthy of His great sacrifice for me and all mankind.


I hope you will too.

No comments: