Pages

Friday, December 12, 2014

YOUTH

Mine is gone, but that’s not what I’m here to discuss.

Yesterday, Right in the middle of a lesson, it dawned on me that the young people I associate with every day are more than exceptional.  They live in a world that has excessive evil (I suspect even more than during Noah’s time).  Despite that hindrance, the vast majority of those I know are amazingly good and kind and righteous. 

And chances are they will be much that way for their whole life.

These magnificent people have been held back until this time because they have shown, in their pre-mortal existence, that they are among the best God has ever created.

And they are trusted.

By God!
By Prophets!
And by me!

So maybe it is high-time I (and we) trust them to be what they have chosen to be. 

Really, really good people who will, one day, welcome the Savior back to the earth.

It is only through their obedience and willingness to serve that they were reserved for the days that lie ahead.  Our job is and will be to prepare them to take over – so we need to trust them to do what they were sent to do.

After all, it’s not like they are slackers when it comes to goodness. 

Oh, sure, there are negative examples of young people who struggle with life and how to make it work for them.  But I don’t deal with that group much.  Most of them have made choices that lead them different directions before they ever come to my classes.  Those who make it this far and still choose to be part of what I do are pretty committed to living a good life.

And, as I explained to them, they will be the Bishops, YM/YW Leaders, Scoutmasters, Relief Society Presidents, Apostles, Prophets and all else needed to lead my grandchildren back to Heavenly Father.

I realize that I DO trust them.

I just sometimes forget and let my ‘natural man’ see things poorly.

“Ye cannot behold with your natural eyes, for the present time, the design of your God concerning those things which shall come hereafter, and the glory which shall follow after much tribulation.” D&C 58:3

Yes, these are special people and we must treat them as such.

And expect much from them as we help prepare for THEIR time.

No comments: