Pages

Friday, April 3, 2015

FIT-BIT

Yes, I am part of the masses that has chosen (sort of) to keep track of my daily activities using an electronic device.

Actually, the kids decided they wanted me to live a little longer so they made me aware of my physical fitness by offering a nice birthday present.  I've had it for about a month and, so far, it has been helpful.

I’m not much of an exerciser anymore but I do try to control my weight as I get older.  This little doodad watches how much I walk and exercise AND invites me to watch what 
and how much I eat.

One thing I have found is that I am more inclined to NOT eat quite so much because it means I have to enter it into the device when I’m done.  It’s not hard, but being cognizant of what I eat means I usually eat less than originally planned.  

And that’s a good thing.

What about the future?

I’m not sure, but I expect I will use this until it decides to fail.  Then I will have to choose between going without or getting something newer.  My hope is that by then I have a few better habits and it will be easier to continue.

I’ll let you know.


In the meantime, I will make use of the Fit-Bit and try to be more healthy.

No comments: